LIVING A CREATIVE LIFE
WITH SUZANNE CLARK
Glitzy Gold Star Plates and Wine Glasses
These beautiful star plates and wine glasses add the perfect touch to your next party. This versatile design is wonderful for many occasions. New Years Eve, birthdays, the fourth of July are examples of perfect times to let these plates and glasses sparkle!
-Clear glass plates and wine glasses with no design. The simpler, the better!
-Spray paint, color of choice-I used gold. Glass paint can also be used for longer lasting more durable finish.
-Star stickers of varied size
-Box or drop cloth
-masking tape, razor blade, toothpicks, sponge or paint brush
1. Clean plates and glasses well, removing all stickers and residue.
2. On the back side of the plate, arrange star stickers.
3. Lay plates on drop cloth or place inside of cardboard box.
4. Spray the backside of plates evenly with spray paint. Two thin coats are always better than one thick one! If using glass paint, apply 2-3 coats letting dry in between.
5. Let plates dry thoroughly.
6. Remove stickers. I used a razor blade to help lift up edges.
7. If using glass paint, following manufacturer’s instructions for baking to cure the paint.
8. To create glasses, follow the same instructions for the plates. When spraying, mask off areas of glass you do not want color applied.
9. To add extra sparkle, add rhinestones to base of wine glass. Use a toothpick to apply glue, attach rhinestones, let dry 24 hours before using.
10. ALWAYS hand wash, do not submerge in water.