Rustic Italian Sausage and Gorgonzola Tart
• 1/2 pound(s) of Italian Sweet Sausage (casings removed)
• 8 ounce(s) of sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1 premade refrigerated pie crust
• 10 ounce(s) of Kraft’s Italian Cheese and Herb Cooking Crème or Garden Herb Cream Cheese sold in tub
• 1/2 cup(s) of crumbled gorgonzola cheese
• 1 thinly sliced vine ripened medium tomato
• 2 tbsp. of olive oil
• 1 clove of fresh crushed garlic
• 12 fresh basil leaves cut into thin strips
1. Place Italian sausage in large fry pan and cook over medium high heat until sausage begins to brown. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until sausage is cooked through and mushrooms are tender.
2. Place refrigerated pie crust on cooking sheet. Pour cooking creme over top leaving a 2 inch border. Pile on mushrooms and sausage, followed by gorgonzola and sliced tomato.
3. Fold up edges of piecrust over filling. Combine olive oil and garlic, brush over pie crust and tomatoes.
4. Bake in 450 degree oven for 20 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Remove from oven, top with fresh basil and serve!