Light and Creamy Barbecue Chicken Pasta
I thought it was time to create a recipe that did not include tons of fat and calories, but did include lots of flavor! I created an aromatic, low fat, creamy pasta sauce that explodes with smoky flavors and juicy chicken. This dish is so quick and easy, you will never want to go through the drive through again!
• Servings: 6
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 small onion
• 1/2 extra large red pepper -approximately 3/4 cup
• 12 slices of turkey bacon
• 8 ounce(s) of fat free, or 1/3 less fat Philadelphia Cream Cheese
• 2 cloves of crushed garlic
• 1/2 cup(s) of Kraft Barbecue Sauce
• 1/2 package of dry ranch salad dressing mix
• 1/2 cup(s) of fat free 1/2 and 1/2
• 1 ripe avocado
• 8 ounce(s) of store bought picco de gillo
• 10 ounce(s) of dried pasta, whole wheat or wheat blend
1. Fill large pot with salted water, place on stove to boil.
2. Dice red pepper, onion and turkey bacon. Add to extra large fry pan.
3. Slice chicken breast, and season with salt and pepper.
4. When water boils, add pasta. Cook according to package directions.
5. While pasta boils, place pan on stove. Cook veggies and bacon until soft.
6. Add chicken, cooking until chicken and bacon is almost cooked through.
7. Crush garlic into pan.
8. Add cream cheese, barbecue sauce, ranch dressing mix and 1/2 and 1/2. Cook until cheese is melted, and sauce is rich and creamy.
9. Remove from stove; keep warm until pasta is ready.
10. Dice avocado for garnish.
11. When pasta is done, drain off water. Combine sauce with pasta, and place on large serving platter.
12. Place picco de gillo on top, followed by the diced avocado
13. Serve warm. Great served with a fresh garden salad!