top of page
Grilled Raspberry Chipotle Cream Cheese Poppers
This is a wonderful appetiser that would be great at your next cocktail party or barbecue. This incredible cream cheese "popper" is grilled, and topped with a sweet and smoky raspberry chipotle sauce. Try it at your next gathering!
• Servings: 24
• 8 ounce(s) of Challenge Salsa Cream Cheese
• 24 slices of bacon
• 1/2 pound(s) of sausage, casings removed
• 12 mini bell peppers, or 2 large red bell peppers
• 1/2 cup(s) of raspberry jam or jelly
• 2 cloves of crushed garlic
• 1 or 2 chipolte peppers, packed in adobo sauce
• 24 fresh cilantro leaves
1. Preheat grill to low setting. If barbecue is not available, Poppers can be place into a 400 degree oven on a foil lined pan. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until bacon is crisp, and sausage is cooked through.
2. Prepare peppers. If using mini bell peppers, slice in half and clean out seeds. If using large peppers, slice into 1x2 rectangles.
3. Place a dollop of cream cheese in center of pepper.
4. Cover cheese with sausage, making sure to cover cream cheese well.
5. Wrap poppers with strips of bacon, securing with toothpick.
6. Place poppers in freezer for 30 minutes to set.
7. To make chipotle glaze, in small bowl combine 1-2 diced chipotles, fresh garlic and raspberry preserves in small bowl.
8. Place chilled poppers on low heat grill. Grill until bacon is crisp, and sausage is cooked through.
9. During the last few minutes of grilling, glaze poppers with raspberry chipotle sauce.
10. Remove from grill and garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs. Great served with sangria, margaritas or ice cold beer at your next party or barbecue.
bottom of page